Welcome to the 2016/2017 School Year!
On behalf of the Walnut Creek Parent Teacher Organization Board, we would like to welcome you to Walnut Creek Elementary School (WCES)! Whether you are new to our school or a returning family, we hope you will have a great 2016-2017 school year!
You are automatically a member of the Walnut Creek Parent Teacher Organization (WCESPTO) because your child is enrolled at WCES. There are no dues or membership fees.
"Join" our Walnut Creek Elementary Facebook page. It's a great way to connect with other WCES parents, stay up-to-date on upcoming school events, request volunteers, etc. Use the link at the top right of this page to join!
As always, please feel free to contact a Board member if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
Allyson Miller - President, Rebekah Scholvin - Vice President, Aileen Wagner - Secretary, Sarah - Treasurer and Monica Gerber - Webmaster/Corresponding Secretary
2016-2017 PTO Board
**Sign-up Link--> http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c49adaf2ba64-hanging2***
Join us at Walnut Creek for DONUTS, COFFEE, HOT CHOCOLATE and BOOKS!!
Each student is allowed to bring ONE parent, grandparent, big brother, big sister, or loved one to a Hanging With Heroes morning event.
If you have students in multiple grades, please choose ONE DATE that works best for your family.
Monday, Oct 3rd: 1st graders and 5th graders
Tuesday, Oct 4th: T/F Kindergarten, 2nd graders and 3rd graders
Wednesday, Oct 5th: M/Th Kindergarten, 4th graders and Pre-schoolers
Event Time: 8:15am - 8:55am each day
**SPACE IS LIMITED. We can only accommodate 250 people each morning. Please be sure to sign-up your family with the total number of persons going (loved one + the number of students). Be sure to enter your Last Name when prompted by the “Comments” section.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
September 9 - Deadline for Updates to Directory
September 23 - Brain Games Assembly
September 29 - Book Fair begins
October 26 - Trunk or Treat -more details to come!!
NOTES REGARDING THIS SITE
- register your family in the Directory
- check the calendar for our upcoming school events
- volunteer (no job is too small!)
- view the minutes from past meetings
- access PTO documents that have been sent home from school under the "Docs" tab
Please remember to sign up or the PTO Website/Directory if you have not done so.
Here are the directions:
Go to https://walnutcreek.gopto.net
1. Click the yellow Register box.
2. Secret Code word is: email email@example.com
3. Enter username (email address), password (minimum of 3 characters), confirm password, and confirm email then hit “Create User” (not enter)
4. Go to your email account for your confirmation message and click the highlighted blue activation link. If the activation link is not highlighted copy and paste it into a new window. Hit the CONFIRM button.
5. Once you hit confirm you will be sent to the directory screen and are ready to add your family’s information. Please create only one registration per household.
If you have already created a login please log back in once you get your Student's Teacher Assignment and update the Directory with that information.